Hi! I just had to tell all of you about our nightmare experience yesterday!! We had to drive to San Francisco to get Shane's passport since we are traveling so soon. We made an appointment for noon collected all the documents we needed and left the house at 7:45 a.m. for the 4 hour drive. Major fog was the first thing we encountered, thank goodness my husband was driving. Despite the fog and heavy traffic we made it to the city on time. We found a parking garage ($1.00 for every 15 minutes!!!). We went through security and then waited in line. When we finally got to see someone they told us the birth certificate I had for Shane wouldn't work, it was the shortened "abstract" version and they needed the long form. NO ONE EVERY TOLD ME THAT!!! They said there was a way around it but we would have to wait and speak to someone else. We waited and was finally told that he could get an amended passport good for only 1 year. We had no choice so we did it. We then were told to come back after 3:00 p.m. We were not expecting this, I was told on the phone to expect about 1 hour for it. We decided to go have some lunch. We ended up paying $18.50 for parking for 1 1/2 hours, crazy!!! We went to the wharf and had a nice lunch at "Bubba Gump's" but I didn't look at the price's prior to ordering (which I usually do!) The bill for the 3 of us was $80.00!! OH MY GOSH!!! You would think the shrimp was gold plated!! We walked around the wharf which was nice and then headed back to the INS office. We decided not to park so Jody went in and I circled the block. He called me on my cell phone and said the passport wasn't ready and to park and come up because it was going to be awhile.
I found a meter and figured it had to be cheaper then the garage. I went up and we wiated the 40 minutes they told us to. When I went up to the counter they informed us that the machine was broke and to come back on Monday!!! I was very upset, explained the 4 hour drive each way. They said we could wait awhile to see if it would be fixed. We realized that our meter was going to run out so Jody and Shane went down to put more money in, It was after hours so he could not get back in the building and the guards said if I went down to let him in I couldn't get back in either!! They were outside with no more change and I had both sets of car keys in my purse!!! He was gonig to beg any "meter-maid" that came around not to give us a ticket if the meter ran out. I waited and waited and waited and prayed and prayed and prayed!!! Finally they started calling names and thank you Jesus they called his name!! I was so happy!! We got his passport just before the meter ran out and we were able to head home. Of course now we are 4 hours behind schedule in rush hour bay area traffic. My sister-in-law had the little kids and had a party to go to. We called everyone we knew to pick them up for us and finally found some friends who could!! We got home at 11:00 p.m. 16 hours later, a whole lot less money then when we started but we had his passport.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! I don't think Satan wants us to do what we are doing. He always puts "stuff" in our way when we are doing good things. But God is bigger, greater and better than Satan and in the end He won!
No comments:
Post a Comment