Sunday, August 28, 2005

GREAT NEWS!!!

We are finally out of IBESR!!! Our file is on it's way to 2nd legalization which can take anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks!! And then we go on to an appointment with Dept. of Homeland Security and then pick up the adoption visa's!!!! We are praying that we can get through everything at a record pace so I can bring Sutton home when I return from Haiti!!!

Please, continue to pray for this to be done so our family can be complete!!

Sunday, August 21, 2005

So frustrated!!

We are still waiting on 1 signature!! It is really frustrating because 1 person holds our child's future in his hand. The director of IBESR will not meet with our attorney. She has known this man for years and in the past had a good working relationship but now it seems that he does not want to meet with her at all. We can not change attorneys this late in the game so we sit and wait!!

I'm going to Haiti on Aug. 30th. I'm hoping to get some answers!! I will also be there to help open Three Angel's Christian Academy. The school will be for pre-K through 3 rd grade. Each year we will add a grade until we have pre-K through 6th grade. I'm very excited about being able to help! Of course, I also get to see Sutton. It will be very strange being there without Landon but it will give me a chance to spend time with her alone.

Please, continue to pray for our adoption. We really do need a miracle right now!

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Update on Landon

Landon is doing great. It's amazing how well he fits in here. It feels like he has always been with us. He is learning English and we are all learning Creole. You've probably heard the term "spanglish" well we have "crenglish". Even Dylan and Kynsley are trying to use as much Creole as they can. It's very cute!! If Kynsley doesn't know a Creole word she comes running to me and wants to know what it is. If I don't know, she goes and gets our Creole dictionary for me to look it up!

We still do not know when Sutton is coming home. We are waiting on presidential approval and have been told for the last 2 months, "next week". It is a very frustrating process. We found out that the head of IBESR is going to be gone (AGAIN) for 3 weeks in September. He has been gone more than he's been there this summer. No file can be released without his signature so it has been a very slow summer.

Local elections in Haiti have been moved from October to December which could give them more time to get more files released but the violence is still really bad and is expected to get even worse. Presidential elections are planned for November. Most people feel that once the elections start there will be no files signed until the new government is in place (Feb. 2006!!). The director of IBESR is an appointed position and not really a priority (at least in the past it hasn't been) so it will most likely take several months for the government to appoint a new director. It is rare for a new president to retain anyone from the previous government's staff. And on top of all that history shows that there most likely will be a coup so it could be even longer!!

Please keep our adoption in your prayers. We are asking for a miracle!! That our file will be released this week so we can get Sutton home (and Landon legally adopted) before the end of September. I also need prayer to stay focused on God and to QUIT STRESSING!!!