OK, so we are home. Zi and I arrived in Redding at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday. Zi did not like the plane or the airport or anything about the trip at all. Probably had a little something to do with the 104 degree fever, the double ear infections and bronchiolitis (one step below pneumonia). Not to mention the giardia and itchy skin that is being irritated by the very cold dry weather here!
Zi has not slept more then 3 hours at a stretch (all during the day of course) since we have arrived home. Needless to say it has not been the easiest transition for any of us. The other kids are being troopers and even Sutton is handling his arrival well. It is like having a 24 lb. colicky newborn with teeth and an excellent set of lungs. I really think when we went through customs they replaced my easy going, fun to be with baby boy with something quite different!
Isaiah is on antibiotics for the ear and lung infection, Flagyl for the giardia and is covered regularly with Burt's Bees body butter for his skin. He is on the BRAT diet and actual seems to be getting better.
We also got news that Jody was chosen for the mission to Haiti beginning Nov. 28th!!!!! Yes, you read that right NOV 28th!! After much prayer, we have decided to turn down this deployment and his name is on the list for the Jan/Feb. deployment. It was not an easy decision to make, since we know God has called us to serve in Haiti but do feel it is in every one's best interest for us to wait. There is so much going on right now that Jody would have to go by himself at this point and the family would have to join him later. Being separated for the holidays and during Zi's surgery is just not something we feel we can handle at this time!
Well it is now 7:15 p.m. and I'm finally finishing this post. It has been another long day and I'm praying for at least a few hours sleep. And hoping tomorrow is better!
7 comments:
But, Gail.... He sure is one cute little thing, especially in those comfy footsie pajamas, and I am certainly glad he is at home getting well with you all!!
Lynn
Wow! So much to handle! You will come through it all with God's grace :-) I have been praying about you and Isaiah and am so happy to see that he was able to come home for his treatment. You guys have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Ah, now I understand why we hadn't heard from you.:) When he feels better, I am sure he will turn into your sweet baby again. Or maybe the sweet baby stuff was all an act!?:)
Pictures?
gail, we love you. thanks for the update but you've failed us in the picture department. it's like you're too busy or something. i don't get it!
Welcome home baby boy! Heal quickly so momma can get some sleep too!
Wow...please forgive me for being distracted lately...I didn't even realize he was home. Praise God that he is! Will pray that his "sweet self" will return soon :o)
Post a Comment