The next two weeks are going to be pretty busy for me. I have finals and then I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed. Mom is coming on the 24th and I have surgery on the 27th. My surgery is a little bit complicated because I have a cyst in one cavity and a tumor in the other. Also, the roots of my bottom third molars are very close to the nerve along the jaw bone. The cyst and tumor are normal complications of wisdom teeth. This is how I understand it: when the wisdom tooth becomes impacted under the gums, the sac that surrounds the tooth can burst. This causes the areas to fill with fluid and create a cyst. If left untreated, the cyst can turn into a tumor. My doctor said that they will remove the tumor when they remove my teeth and if it is of concerning size, they will biopsy it.
I'm actually looking forward to my surgery because I've been having a lot of pain in my mouth, jaw, and inner ear. Plus, I get to look like this for a few days: :)
9 comments:
Praying that it goes smoothly & you don't look like the picture :o) I had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out 2 weeks before my wedding. The dentist said I could be taking a chance on looking like that or worse but I took my chances because I didn't want to be miserable on my honeymoon. I didn't swell up or bruise at all & was "normal" for my wedding.
I ask that God, the most knowledgeable, relieve your pain and grant you a quick recovery.
Hi Carson!! Yes, your dentist is correct...from a hygienist's point of view... Emily will be getting hers out this summer as soon as school gets out...what a way to start the summer.. Love you!!
Lynn
well, that is a plus!
So true. That is exactly what I looked like when I had mine taken out. Plus, whatever drugs they use make you act like a sloppy drunk when you come out of there. I remember running into the elevator and crying for daddy. It was embarrassing. It does feel a ton better to get them out. You just have to deal with cleaning out the holes and that can get pretty gross but it doesn't last long. Good luck!
Praying for you, Carsen! At least it will be nice to have your mom there with you! I always want my mom around when I'm sick or in pain. I'll give our girl a kiss for you when I see her next Tuesday!!!
Haha. Angela, that made me laugh! I was actually thinking about making my mom video tape me... could be some good youtube stuff.
(I don't do well with meds... they make me extra crazy!)
Carsen
I so rememeber those days!
Post a Comment