So last night we took Shane to Cascade Fusion, a French restaurant in Petionville, for his birthday. I forgot my camera, but a friend of ours who went with us took his so I'll post pictures as soon as he e-mails them to me.
Anyway... while at the restaurant we saw several "UN-looking" guys come in (yes, they do have a look about them) and head upstairs. Soon after we heard what was obviously a "band rehearsal". After dinner Jody had to go investigate (he heard DRUMS!!!). I was paying our bill and then headed upstairs. I come around the corner and there is my husband sitting at a snare drum and 2 cymbals ( I refuse to call it a drum kit... there just wasn't enough there to be considered a "kit"). I asked him what he was doing and he tells me... "playing drums!!". Well... DUH?!?!?!? I meant "WHY?!?!?". I come to find out that it is a small band made up of UN men from several countries. They have been "jamming" together for awhile and have been asked to play at a small club in town. The only problem they have is their drummer isn't really a drummer. He was trying but just wasn't getting "IT"! This guy is getting frustrated and wants to eat so Jody says to them, "if your drummer wants to eat, I'd be happy to sit in for him." They respond with... "he isn't a drummer!!!". Jody replies, "well, I am." You should have seen their faces light up... even the so-called drummer!!! He really did not want to play at all.
So, after an hour of practice, with guys he just met.... Jody is playing drums TONIGHT!!!! At a club!!! In Haiti!!!!
How cool is that?????
I'll post pictures as soon as I can!!!!
5 comments:
I think the missing pieces of the drum kit are at our house . . . :o)
'Rock On', Pun fully intended.
Awesome! I know it's killing him not being able to play! Maybe him and Renald can take turns at church so he can use his gift to worship the Lord. Perhaps this is a way he can minister to these guys... The Lord is awesome. Tell him I said "Break a leg!"
ha ha! that is perfectly jody.
Totally rock on!!! From one drummer to another! (Although I must admit it, it has been a long time since I've been behind a drum set.)
Post a Comment