Friday, June 06, 2008

Quick update...

the internet here is HORRIBLE!!! I have been trying to post for days. I'm lucky if I can even open my e-mail right now... can't access my bank accounts (NOT GOOD!!!)... can't book Shane's ticket to Redding (which I won't do until he finishes school, so Carson if you want him to come visit, you better get on him about it) and CAN NOT post pictures. It's very frustrating.

Enough complaining....

We got great news this week. Jody's leave has been extended. That's right, we do not have to move... we do not have to put Isaiah back in the orphanage... we do not have to make the hard decisions. God did it for us. Thank you, Jesus. I am beyond thankful. I feel humbled by it all. I was spending so much time pleading and begging with God that I forgot to sit back and listen to Him. He had it under control the entire time, I was once again worrying for NOTHING! When I got back from Michigan I made the decision to just trust Him, to let it all go. For the first time in weeks, I felt such a sense of peace... that everything was going to be fine. Not that God was going to do it my way, but that no matter what happen the Creator of us all, was going to take care of things. Whether I liked it or not!! Whether or not it was handled "My way".

So for now, we will remain in Haiti. As long as God wants us to be here. After that... only God knows where we will be, but that's OK because I choose to put my faith in Him!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Phil. 4:6-9

4 comments:

angela said...

well, i'm sorry about the internet but this was really an encouraging post! i'm glad you're trusting. He's already gone ahead of you!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT GREAT NOW I NEED TO GET BUSY ABOUT BY FLIGHT TO YOU!!!!!


TRUST IN HIM AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE OK!!!

LOVE NANA

CG said...

This is wonderful news! I love seeing His many forms of provision!

Kristina said...

GAil,

Thank you for sharing. I really needed to hear this today! I don't have the same situation but the lesson DEFINATLY applies to my life and attitude right now! So thank you for being open and honest so I could reap from it too!

Miss you!