Monday, March 23, 2009

broken hearted...

It's been a rough couple of days. Whenever we hear of a brother officer fallen in the line of duty, Jody and I both feel broken! Saturday, 4 of Jody's "brothers" gave their lives. We did not know these men, yet they are still brothers. We have never met them or their families. It does not matter, they are still our family. Brothers and sisters of the law enforcement family. Oakland PD has suffered a huge loss, law enforcement all over the country are mourning the loss with them.

I can only imagine what the family is feeling, the pain must be nearly unbearable. I just pray they have Jesus as their Savior. I pray the 4 knew Jesus and are standing with Him now. I pray the city of Oakland can come together as a community and support the men and women in blue who put their lives on the line everyday to protect and serve.

no matter where you live... take the time to thank the officers in your community. It takes a special person to be a cop. They deserve our respect.

One of my favorite qoutes...
"Do not mourn the way they died but instead be thankful for the way they lived."

I thank God for my man in blue and for his brothers and sisters! God be with them today and always!

3 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Amen! Very well said Gail!

Baby Gustabe said...

ditto. thanks, jody!

Carsen said...

I cried, again. This was a good post Mama. I'm thankful for my man in blue too! And also praying that the men and their families knew/know Christ.