Friday, March 27, 2009

My prayer for today...

Heavenly Father,

Today thousands of people will gather in Oakland to say good bye to 4 men who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I do not know Lord, if any of these men knew you, I pray they did. We do know, Lord, that there will be many gathered today that do not know you. Lord, for those that do, give them strength to share the gospel today with their brothers and sisters. Give them the courage to step outside the "macho-cop" zone and share their faith. I pray you open the hearts of those who do not know you to hear the message. Help them to see that there is an urgency. Satans armies are at the ready to take any one of us, I pray that these brave men and women can see that without You, it is a losing battle. That only with Your power, Your strength and Your grace can they overcome the evil in this world.

Lord, be with them today. Keep satans evil away from the gathering. Give them peace, Lord, as they mourn. Send your Holy Spirit amongst them. Open hearts and minds to you.

Amen!

3 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Amen!

angela said...

se sa.

Anonymous said...

Amen.