I need a few good recipes that can be made ahead of time and frozen that reheat well and are easy to prepare. I'm trying to "put-up" (as my Grandma always said) a few things for Carsen to make while I'm in Haiti. She will be watching Landon and Sutton and going to school, so I'm trying to make it easy on her as possible!!
I have things like spaghetti sauce and taco meat but that's about it! Chicken doesn't usually reheat very well and I just don't make "casseroles" to know if they do or not. HELP!!!! Any and all recipes would be appreciated!!
9 comments:
I'll search my cookbooks when I can but I'll give you my "lazy woman" secrets now. Go to the freezer section of the grocery store & grab several bags of "Crock pot cookers" you just throw in a crock pot & you have instant meals or the meals in the bag that you just grab from the freezer & throw into a skillet & wok & cook for a few minutes for a complete meal. If I need more veggies with the meal I just throw one of the frozen veggie bags that you can toss into the microwave for 5 minutes.
I am no help. Mainly because any attempts I've made in the past to stock up or "put up" to help out while I'm out of town have failed miserably. The only good thing about it is when I get home the pantry, frig & freezer are nice and stocked when I get home. Jeremy agrees, "without Hardees men would starve", only he adds, several other restaurants/fast food places to that statement. Sorry!
I'm no help. Shawn's the cook in the family. Me...well, not so much. Plus we never stock up in the freezer because Shawn will eat all of it before it gets to that point. LOL!!
Sorry :-(
I guess Pizza Guys is going to be called a lot while I'm gone. It really is only a few days, when Jody is home he will bar-b-que every night! They may eat a lot of chicken and steaks but at least it's not deep fried!!
I've tried the crock pot stuff in the past and none of them really liked them. It was when they first came out so maybe they are better now. I'll have to try one before I go!
Or maybe if I do it, it will be better. ;)
This just shows the difference between man thinking and mom thinking. Do you know how much sodium is in those things? We might all have kidney stones by the time mom gets home.
However, I fear that after mom leaves and I'm doing the cooking, I will see your way Jeremy.
Gail I'm going to E mail you 2 recipes. I thought it would be easier E mailing them instead of posting them here.
2 Days? huh?
Guess your going to Haiti early? Hmmmmm.......
That's what I was wondering Kristina. I hope it's a "good" early thing & everything is okay.
Post a Comment