I bet most of you did not spend your weekend going through 20 years of junk trying to figure out what to keep, what to put in storage, what to throw away and what to sale! That's what Jody and I have been doing. It's been quite a chore. We had 15 tubs in our garage that had photo's, memento's and what not and we were able to get it down to 6! That's right 6!! Including all my Christmas stuff!!!
I can not believe the amount of stuff we got rid of. I can not even begin to count the number of times we said, "why were we keeping this??" We have a 2 yard garbage dumpster that was delivered on Friday and was full by Saturday night. Our 2 car garage is so full of garage sale stuff that there is no way even 1 car will fit in there!
We painted the boys old room which is now the girls room. We moved the boys into Shane's old room because he moved into Carsen's old room. The girls were using the den as a room so now I get to repaint it and move my desk out of the dining room back into the den where it belongs! Did you get all that??? It's been crazy around here!
I also finally cleaned out my bathroom shelves. I'm embarrassed to admit that I had medicine in there that expired in 2005!! And half full hair products that I haven't used in months. I also purged several years of bad clothing choices. My closet looks empty, my shelves are all clean and I have no idea what to do with it! I'm a slob by nature so this is a huge deal for me.
Now on to the desk....may take days but I'm determined!
Have a Blessed week!!!
9 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed!!
Ew. I thought one room was bad. I'm glad I'm not there to "enjoy" the change.
Good for you! i LOVE a good purge session. I know it was a ton of work but don't you feel 10 pounds lighter!
I hope you took some good before and after pics!
wow! great work!
Way to go Gail! I agree with Shannon. I always feel much better after a good purging & cleaning session.
I do feel lighter...4 pounds to be exact!! I've also been working out with a personal trainer and got on the scale today and I'm down 4 lbs!!! Just 16 more to go!!!!!
Your an insparation! (says the girl who has lived in a new house for 2 months now and is not unpacked yet!)
I have spent the last three days going thru my daughters' rooms! UGH! Do you know the places socks can hide, get shoved in, and disappear to? Not pretty! Megan now has socks again!
I'm only doing 3 rooms so I feel your pain! I hope you feel like you've accomplished something!
Way to go!
Too funny! I can so relate. Shawn always gets after me for the half full hair products laying around. Sounds like you made a lot of progress. Have fun with that desk!!!
Post a Comment