The kids and I are moving to Haiti!! I'm not sure the country is ready for us.
We took a huge leap of faith and bought our tickets yesterday, we leave on Oct. 11!! Much later then I hoped but with Shane's knee injury and the price of tickets being what they are, we knew we needed to wait!! We did find such a great deal on tickets, it's worth the wait!
We still do not know when Jody will be deployed or where he will be stationed in Haiti once he is. We do not know where all the money is coming from for the move. BUT... we do know that this is what God is calling us to do, we are trusting in Him completely. He will provide! He will be glorified! He will be praised!
Please, pray for us as we wait on God's provisions. Pray we are able to get everything we need to go. Pray we are able to spend quality time together before we leave. Pray for strength for Jody as he is separated from us.
Also, pray that Shane's knee heals quickly so he is able to fulfill his need to hit people in a constructive, culturally acceptable way and more importantly so he does not require surgery!
8 comments:
You guys are amazing! praying for you all!
okay, we're praying! see you soon!
Have been praying...am praying now...& will continue to pray for you & your family :o) That is SO exciting!
I am so happy for you all, but so jealous! I wish that my family was moving to Haiti! But... the knee injury i can do without! :( Praying!
Yay for big leaps of faith. Praying for you guys...and so excited for you.
hey gail! i'm so glad i got to meet you in haiti!! and yeah, i will be on the first october trip...to bad i'll have just BARELY missed you. i guess that does mean i'll have to come again...
i noticed that you're a karen kingsbury fan. the second book in the Sunrise series came out today, "summer". i work at a christian bookstore...we've had people asking for this book for awhile now...and it's finally here...
megan~ thanks I'm going to have to wait until the first of the month to buy it but I plan on reading it soon!!!
Post a Comment