Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bummer for Shane

Yesterday was the first day of full contact football practice for Shane. Within an hour of practice starting Shane was participating in tackling drills. During the drills he was tackled from the side and ended up hurting his knee.

I took him to the doctor today and we found out he tore the collateral ligament in his right knee. The swelling and pain is too severe to see if the Meniscus is also damaged. He needs to go back in 2 weeks when the swelling goes down to find out if a trip to the orthopedic surgeon is necessary.

At this point it looks like his football season is over before it even started!! He is really bummed but is trying to remain positive. For now he is off his feet for at least a week. Too bad, we just decided to get rid of cable. I guess I'll be buying the new Harry Potter book after all.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

ouch!

Yuck!

eeeyowwww! that must have hurt BAD! But look at the bright side, he gets to read the last Harry Potter book. It's really good!

I'll be praying for healing and peace.

Michelle said...

Sorry, Shane! Praying for a speedy recovery.

Carsen said...

Dude! Sorry brother. Tell me how the book is...

I'm praying for you!

angela said...

oh shane! sad days! i'll pray too, but DON'T tell me how the book is!!