Monday, July 09, 2007

Just a few more days...











And I will get to see 3 of my children and be back in the place I feel is my home!! I was just there 3 weeks ago but it seems much longer.
Jody is going with me on this trip and he is so anxious to get there and love on his kids, meet with the people from the UN and hang out with the mission's team.

This trip will be a little different for me though. I recently took a "leave of absence" from the board of directors. This trip, I will go simply as an adoptive parent. No meetings to attend, no government official to deal with, no responsibilities at the orphanage except helping with projects and loving on my kids! I'm actually looking forward to spending time with all the kids, taking a ton of pictures (which I never seem to have time for any more) and relaxing at St. Joseph's with the team.

Jody and I will also be house hunting on Monday. I found a house on my last trip and I'm hoping it is still available for rent. And that Jody will love it as much as I do.

We will go to La Digue to visit with the Livesay's (http://www.livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/), a family from Minn. that moved to Haiti a few years ago with 5 kids! We are hoping to get some great insight and idea's from them to help make our move easier.
We are also hoping to spend one night at the IboLele Hotel for our 20th wedding anniversary.


http://www.ibolelehotel-haiti.com/









Hhhhhhmmmm.... it is sounding more and more busy!!! But, I can't wait!!

6 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Sounds like a great plan! Happy soon to be 20th wedding anniversary!!! That is so awesome!

Michelle said...

You have too much to do, I feel like I won't get to see you at all!!! Looking forward to our brief time. :)

Kristina said...

Go and enjoy your trip!

I so would like to meet the livesays in person!

And DO come back with lots of pictures. those of us not going wait with great anxiousness for new pictures and stories.

But most of all, go where God has led you and may he bless each step you take!

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!!!!!!
See you soon!!!!!

Tanya said...

It will be nice for you to go down there and just be. I am so happy for you. Will you be able to do the same on the August trip or will you already be in the process of moving?

Gail said...

Tanya~ We should know more after this trip. I'm hoping to be in process of moving by August. I'm praying hard for a Sept. 1 move at the latest (Aug. 15th would be even better)! If everything falls into place the way I'm praying, it will happen! If not, then obviously God has a better plan for us.