Monday, July 23, 2007

we're back!!

Jody and I arrived yesterday afternoon. It was an interesting journey. We had an 8 hour lay-over in Miami so we took a cab to a mall in Miami and just hung out.

Our plane to LA was late departing but the pilot made up time in the air only to arrive at LAX and sit on the runway for over an hour because there were no open gates!!

We stayed at the Raddison (which was very nice) and then caught another plane to Sacramento. We had a problem with one of the tires on the car on the way to the airport so had to stop in Woodland (the city we used to live in prior to moving to Redding) at the local Walmart and get 2 new tires!! The one nice thing about being there was running into Isaac, Christine and Logan!! Jody gave Christine away when she got married to Issac but since we moved we have not seen them nearly as much as we would like to!! Logan is 5 months old and this is the first time Jody and I got to see him!! See... God can use ANY circumstance to create good things!!

We had a great time in Haiti. Isaiah is getting so big! He is so easy going and just so much fun to be around. We had a great time visiting the Livesay's, thanks guys, we can't wait to see you again! And, Brit the college applications are being mailed today!!!!

It was great getting to see the "Indiana crew" again (as well as meeting some of them for the first time). We did not spend as much time at the "O" as we usually do, between looking at houses, visiting the Livesay's, celebrating our anniversary and Jody meeting with people from the UN, we hardly had time to!! I also, did not get as many pictures as I would have liked to. I kept forgetting my camera at St. Joseph's!! I will post pictures as soon as I can.

As far as our move goes.... we still do not know anything! I really hope God reveals His plan to us soon! This waiting is driving me nuts!! Patience is just not a virtue I have learned yet!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. Continuing to pray that God reveals his plan to you guys. Thanks for the update!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!

Kathy Eden said...

I'm so glad that we got to meet you, Jody, & Carsen. We will continue to pray for God revealing His plan to you.