Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Andrew

I've been spending a lot of time lately explaining our family to people. Because not all of our children live here in Redding with us, most people are confused by us saying we have 9 kids. I thought I'd take the next few posts and introduce you to the whole family. I will start with the oldest and work my way through all 9 of them!!

Andrew Thomas Gray was born Sept. 7, 1982, he is 25 years old. When I married Jody, I knew he was a "package deal". I wasn't just marrying Jody, I was also agreeing to be Andrew's step-mother. Man, I hate that word!! I never wanted to be thought of as the step-mom and I try not to refer to him as my step-son, he is simply my son!

Andrew was 4 when Jody and I got married. It hasn't always been easy but I'm happy to now call him my friend! We don't see him nearly as often as we would like to but when he does visit we always have a great time!

Do-do (as the kids like to call him) lives in San Diego. Andrew can thank Carsen for the nickname, she could not say Andrew when she was little. We would spend hours saying to her "ANDREW" and she would nod her head and say "do-do". After awhile we just gave up!
Andrew is a metal fabricator (I think, that's what it is called!!). He works on high-rise buildings and other metal structures. Although he works long hours, he seems to enjoy his work.








Andrew and his girlfriend Ciji (pronounced see-gee)






Andrew and Carsen (and yes, he really is that tall!!)








One of the things I love the most about Andrew is his love for animals. He is one of those rare people that can make friends with even the most stand-offish cat or meanest dog. Andrew is loving and giving and his siblings adore him!
We love you, Andrew!!!!

5 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks so much for sharing Gail. I've been wondering about stories behind your 9 children so I was pleasantly surprised to see this post. He sounds like a wonderful person.

Michelle said...

Hello, Andrew! It's great to "meet" you.

angela said...

one of the few i don't know!

Carsen said...

Or maybe you should say I'm really that short...

Angela said...

No, he's really tall.