Saturday, October 20, 2007

Carsen

Carsen Michelle Gray was born July 22, 1988. She is my first born, I was only 19 when I gave birth to her. God has blessed us with an amazing, beautiful, talented, messy, loving, stubborn and wonderful child of God.

Carsen has spent most of her life making us laugh. She loves hard, lives hard and laughs hard. Carsen is a very talented writer (see her blog http://www.sissyloveshaiti.blogspot.com/) and a great actress. She can weave a story on paper then bring it to life on the stage. She is as stubborn as her father and mother.

Carsen has dedicated the last 4 months of her life to the children of Haiti. Sissy (as all her brothers and sisters call her as well as the children and staff of Angel House) gives of herself freely and without expectations. The children adore her! It is evident in the smiles on their faces and the joy in the voices as they call out to her.



(Sissy and Annabella)


In December when she returns to the US, she will continue her education to obtain a degree in nursing. I have no doubt that she will return to Haiti to continue to give of herself once school is done.




(Carsen helping Brit drain a wound)



I'm very proud to call her my daughter! She is the daughter I always dreamed of having and more!

6 comments:

angela said...

okay, i don't know andrew and you didn't raise jimmy, but THIS GIRL is something you can be proud of, gail. she's . . . she's great!

cathy.troy said...

Gail-enjoying your blog, but missing you!! Praying that God continues to lead you and your family. Cathy

Missy said...

so sweet! i'm enjoying getting to know your children :)

love,
missy (nic's mom)

Angela said...

She is an AMAZING writer. Wow!!

Anne said...

O Carsen... what can I say gotta love her!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks for sharing Gail. She is already a mighty servant for the Lord...and she's just getting started!