Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Reality bites....

By nature, I'm a list maker, a task doer, when I see something that needs to be done I do it. I like to have a "plan" for everything. I am also a bit forgetful so lists help me stay on task. They help me get over another trait of mine... procrastination. If I have a list and things haven't been checked off, it bugs me. Hard to put things off when they are right in front of me in black and white.

Because of this strange obsession of mine, I am a bit confused by my current lack of activity. We have things that MUST get done and soon!!! We need to book Jody's flight home, find a house for him and the kids to live in, find a smaller place here. There are schools to be investigated, utilities to be arranged, bags to pack....yet I seem to be completely immobilized, doing absolutely nothing to get this move organized.

I do not want to leave Haiti, this is home. I do not for a minute think that it is every God's plan to seperate families. I do not want this to happen, but I have come to realize that it is completely out of my control. God's ways are not always my way. In the past even when things were completely out of my control I've still made lists, finished the task at hand and moved on. So, why is it different this time? Why am I having such a hard time doing the things that need to be done. My immobilization isn't going to change the fact that Jody and the older kids must leave, it isn't going to make anything easier. Please, pray that God can get me motivated, get me moving, get me on top of the task at hand and get it done!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry, my friend! I know this is not an easy time for you. Praying!

angela said...

me too!

Kathy Eden said...

Praying!!!

Brandy and Troy said...

Oh Gail, I am so sorry. I am praying for a mightly miracle. Love you guys!!!

Karen Combes said...

Gail...praying for you guys. This has to be so difficult! Praying for you to get movtivated...but mostly, praying for different resolution so you don't have to be separated.