First with a continued prayer request...
Sutton is sick, she most likely has dengue fever as well. It seems to have hit her harder then it did me. She is running a fever and has a horrible headache. She slept for awhile then woke up hungry, I thought it was a good sign. She fell asleep again (which is SO RARE, this girl does not sleep!!). She woke up again, burning up... 102 degrees. I was able to get some tylenol in her and she is sleeping again. I have her on my bed, with the fan blowing on her... I'm praying the invertor lasts until 6 p.m. when the generator is turned on. Then we can turn on the air conditioning.
Praises...
A dear friend of ours purchased the kids tickets for us today!!!!! They get to go home with Dad!! This is such a relief for us. Money is so tight and have been stressing over how to get the kids home. This was also a HUGE leap of faith for us. We still do NOT have a place to live in Vacaville. I was being pig-headed and refusing to buy tickets until the housing situation was settled. Jody pointed out to me that there are times when we must just trust. Trust others to help, trust God to have a bigger plan, trust what seems "untrust worthy". So there you have it... we FINALLY have a....
Plan....
Jody, Shane, Dylan, Kynsley and.....ME! Are heading to Sacrameto Airport on Oct. 29th. It's awesome how this has all worked out. I had just enough miles to book a round trip ticket to go with them. I wasn't going to use it now but we just could not figure out how Jody was going to arrive in CA on the 29th, get our stuff out of storage, drive it 180 miles to Vacaville, unpack everything, get the kids registered for school AND go back to work on Nov. 3rd on his own. He will have Carsen which is HUGE but it still was putting a HUGE amount of stress on him. So... problem solved, stress reduced!! AND I get to be there for the kids first day of school, something that I was aching over missing. I will come back to Haiti on the 4th and hopefully be on my way back to CA soon after that with the rest of the kids!!!! On top of everything else... we do not have to fly into San Francisco!!! Jody's original flight was into SFO but because of schedule changes they had him arriving at midnight. When we called today they changed his flight to Sacramento (2 hours closer to home) and there was a seat using my miles on the same flight as well as reasonable tickets for the kids. Saves time, saves gas, saves Carsen from driving 4 1/2 hours to get us!!!
Thank you all for praying with us... standing with us. The fight is not over. We still need a house to live in and visa's for 2 little boys!!! We are trying hard to stay strong, which isn't easy right now. We feel your prayers, they have been sustaining us throughout this ordeal. When we are weak, He is strong!
7 comments:
Praise the Lord.
I will keep praying.
And who will have the little ones in Haiti? Just curious?
i was a bit curious too, kristina. gail, we'll keep praying.
God is working through His people. I pray that Sutton will be feeling better very quickly.
Mesi Jezi! Bondye'ap bay mwen lape. Bondye bon!
I'm so happy. See you all on the 29th.
Fe ti bo Sutton mwen.
You have inspire me Gray Family. May I pray to one day have trust in our Lord just as you have. I love you and can't wait to see you!
Praying for you! God is good and faithful and merciful and gracious!
Praying for you and with you.
Post a Comment