Sunday, July 10, 2005

Going to Haiti!!

I leave tomorrow night. We are trying to get Landon a medical visa. His mouth is infected and needs to have the teeth removed. He will also be seeing a pediatric cardiologist while here. It is appears that he may need the heart procedure to repair his pulmonary stenosis sooner than the doctors originally planned.

We were blessed to find a dentist and a pediatric cardiologist willing to donate their services to him. We are praying that if he needs heart surgery that we will be able to find a hospital and staff also willing to donate their services!!

Please, pray that I'm able to get the medical visa and for safety. I have to go into downtown Port au Prince where a lot of the fighting is happening!! The US Embassy is located right in the heart of the chaos and it is the only place to obtain the documents we need!!

I'm praying my next post will be to tell all of you we are home!!

Landon and I are scheduled right now to fly in to Sacramento Airport on Saturday July 16 at 8:16 p.m. However, I'm prepared to stay longer if necessary!!!! I DO NOT want to come home with out him!!

Sutton will not be able to come home with us at this time. We must wait for her adoption to be finalized before she will be allowed to leave the country. She is healthy and doing really well. She turned 1 on June 30th. Carsen was with her and baked her a birthday cake.

Carsen is home and is finally getting used to being back!! She had a rough time but says that she will do it again!! She formed some great friendships and knows that she grew spiritually during her trip.

Our appointment is Wednesday morning, please pray all goes well!!!

No comments: