As we get closer to the time we are scheduled to leave for Haiti things are getting more and more complicated. We are taking this trip because of a calling God placed on our hearts and Satan obviously doesn't want us to go!!
We booked our tickets completely on faith that childcare would work out fine. BUT, that is not the case at all!! It is really hard to find people willing to watch 2 toddlers, 2 elementary school kids and one junior higher! My mom has agreed to stay with the kids but just got offered a job. She's been looking for awhile so she can't turn it down! She will stay here at night with the kids but I now need to find someone willing to watch Landon and Sutton while Nana is at work during the day. And that is not as easy as it sounds. The schedule I made for the 10 days is 6 pages long!! Trying to get each of the kids to and from school (4 different schools!!), to piano lessons, Awana's and work around my mom's schedule, Carsen's school schedule and work schedule has been quite a chore.
I keep asking myself..."is this all worth it?? Did we really hear God telling us to do this again??" It's never easy to schedule time away for Jody and I even for a weekend let alone 10 days!! Are we nuts?!?!?!? What were we thinking?!?!?!?
We obviously could use a lot of prayer right now! Please, pray for someone to come forward to watch Landon and Sutton during the day. Pray for strength for my mom..she's not used to 6 kids needing her 24/7! Pray for Carsen, that she comes home tomorrow healthy and ready to help her Nana and pray for the kids to be on their best behavior for Nana and that no one gets sick!!
We will continue to go on the fact that God obviously wants both of us to go on this trip and that He will work it out!! I'm just so impatient that I pray that He will do it sooner rather than later!!!
6 comments:
i am praying right now
Praying!
1 Thessalonians 5:24
He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
Thanks, without prayer where would we be?!?!?
Remember if you are in His will, he hears you. ANd if He hears you you will receive what you ask of Him.
Your taking care of the orphanes. That's in His will!
Praying here!
Wow Gail! If I were closer, I would so watch your kids for ya. Remember, I need to stay busy!! LOL!!!
I hear ya on the being attacked before the trip. Satan is definitely working hard and we have already been praying like crazy for protection knowing that God is bigger and no obstacle is too much for him to handle.
Praying for the details to all work out for you guys and that you can go without any worries.
Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks for all the prayers, God has been faithful!! Childcare is arranged and I am at peace about going. My kids will be loved and cared for while we are gone. God is good...all the time!!
Post a Comment