Jody and I have had struggles with listening to God's call in our lives. We try to obey but often dismiss His calling because we assume it's our own desire and not Him calling us. Isaiah is a prime example of this. We fought the call to include him in our family. Yet, now we could not imagine him NOT being a part of our lives.
I'm struggling with another desire. Is it a calling from God or my own desires prompting these feelings?? I really want to move to Haiti. I know it sounds crazy, dangerous and downright ridiculous but it is a feeling I can't seem to let go of! BUT, is it of God??
We began searching for job opportunity's that would enable us to move to Haiti. Jody has 25 years of experience in law enforcement so an obvious place to start looking is in International Policing. We found 3 companies that the US State dept contracts with to handle what they refer to as Civilian Police Service over seas. 2 of these companies have openings for police officers from the US to serve in Haiti. BUT, is this the route God wishes us to take?? Is it safe to move to Haiti with 6 kids?? Where would they go to school?? What if they got sick?? What if there was another coup?? Where would we live?? How would we buy a car there?? Do we even need a car?? Could we adjust to life in a third world country?? What would happen if we hated it and wanted to go back to the US?? So many questions, so little answers!!
Please pray that Jody and I can hear the true calling God has for our lives! Pray that if Haiti is where He wants us, it will be made perfectly clear to us. Also, if it is not where we are meant to be that these feelings will be extinguished.
11 comments:
I will be praying for God to speak loud and clear.
No it is not crazy for you to have a desire to move there. But no matter what I say it would not be as impactful as someone who is actually living in Haiti with a famiily.
Sooo check out this blog and communicate with Tara. She is an amazing woman and mom living in Haiti. And you two have a lot in common. They are in the process of adopting a sibling to one of their already adopted children.
www.livesayhaiti.blogspot.com
well, as a girl living in haiti, (who doesn't actually consider herself crazy), i will say that i wil pray for you in this.
the Lord is the Lord in every country, running water or no. electricity and schools or no.
He'll show you the way!
I know those feelings all too well. I'll be praying for you to hear the voice of God, and no matter where you end up I know He is smiling just because you desire to serve Him and are seeking His will! I'm reading Henry Blackaby's "Experiencing God" right now which actually talks all about stuff like this - you should check it out - you know in all that spare time you have(: And Kristen is right - the Livesay's blog is AWESOME!!
Heather, we did the Experiencing God seires at church a few years ago. It is awesome. I also love the book, "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren, we did it a few years ago as well and it literally changed Jody and I's life. I truly feel if it wasn't for committing to the teachings in that book we would not be involved in Haiti today.
Will lift this up in prayer & ask that God give you clarity of where you should be & when.
Definitely praying for you! Personally I liked the Indiana idea, but that could be selfishly. :)
God will show you the way! He has a perfect path for you and He wants you to walk in that path, so I don't think He would hide it from you. Keep seeking!
School...... do I hear the word Homeschool?
I think Evansville is a good plan B if plan A is not available :o)
Jody actually tihnks Evansville is plan A and Haiti is like plan W or maybe even X!! But, I did point out that at least Haiti, believe it or not, has job opportunities!! Evansville so far hasn't shown any job choices, but who knows what God has planned.
It's times like these that I like to rest in the knowledge that God sees and much larger picture than we do. Add me to the prayer list, and know that it is HIS timing and plan that are perfect everytime with out fail.
Amen to what Todd said. We will continue to lift this up in prayer.
Wow, that's some big stuff. I, like Michelle, liked the Evansville idea...selfishly. God's plans are always better though...especially when they seem off the charts. Following God is always an adventure. Who said being a follower of Christ was boring??? I will definitely be praying for God to reveal to you guys a definite yes or no. We support you 100% in whatever decision. Plan A and Plan B, W, and X are both great plans. He's obviously got you thinking outside the box. I know He will lead the way!! I'm excited for your future!!! Can't wait to read more. Praying!!!
Post a Comment