Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What an amazing Lord's day

God is working miracles and I feel so overwhelmed by the blessings He has given to us. I have children who love and fear the Lord and desire to follow Him. I have a Godly husband who puts his family above himself. God has provided us with the means to go to Haiti often and a heart for a country we knew nothing about a few years ago. 9 amazing children to love. And our dossier is almost finished. Our church is sponsoring 2 missions trips to the "O" and already 17 people have signed up!! We serve a mighty God!!


Dylan, Kynsley and I have been memorizing scripture together before our trip. We made a paper chain for everyday until we go. It's hanging in our kitchen to show us everyday how much longer until we leave. Each night we take one link off the chain and read it. The next morning on the way to school we work on it again. I quiz the kids and they quiz me. Each ring also has a Creole word or phrase. So far we have memorized Isaiah 6:8, 1 Thessalonians 5:16, Galatians 5:5, 1 Timothy 4:12, Psalm 140:12, Matthew 12:18, Psalm 33:20, Deuteronomy 4:29, Chronicles 16:10 and Habakkuk 3:18 "...yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior." Today the Habakkuk verse really touched me. True joy only can come from Him. Are we not truly blessed to be called children of God??

6 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

Yes...we are truly blessed. That's a great idea using the paper chain links!

Michelle said...

Blessed indeed!! 4 weeks from tomorrow. Well, actually I guess since it is 2:40am it's 4 weeks from today. (Can you tell I had a nap today?)

Elisabeth said...

Tell Dylan & Kynsley i send Blessings for their trip to Haiti! (I had a lot of anticapation too my first trip!

Kristina said...

What a GREAT idea!

I praise God everyday for the blessings he has granted. Mainly one named Jonas! :)

Gail said...

I just noticed the date on this post, it says Wednesday. I posted it on Sunday!!! Interesting!!!

Angela said...

That's a great idea. It's so neat you get to take the kids. I can't wait to hear all about it.