Sunday, May 27, 2007

Crossroads

I haven't blogged much lately. Jody and I have been wrestling with some major life changing decisions. Decisions that will affect our entire family. We really feel we are at a crossroads in life. We have been presented with an opportunity that we have been asking for, but now that it's here we want to be sure it is the direction that God wants us to take. This decision also conflicts with another possible opportunity that we will not know the outcome until mid-July. So, for the time being we wait...and prepare for 2 paths. And pray! If God closes the door on one, we are going to have to have faith and walk through the other one!

Most people who know me at all, know I am not good at waiting. When a decision is made I want to move forward, immediately! Patience is not a virtue I have. Mix that with a huge case of self-centeredness and you have a pretty lethal combination. My heart and soul feels VERY strongly about one of the opportunity's. Jody does not feel it as strongly, he wants to wait and see what happens in July!! JULY!! It feels like a lifetime from now! Yes, I know in the big scheme of things it is only 6 weeks away. BUT, do you know how much I could get done in 6 weeks if I KNEW which direction we were going to be traveling!!!

The one thing we do know is that either way we will be selling our house. So, we have 2 weeks to patch holes, fix a toilet, de-clutter, repaint 3 rooms, move the kids bedrooms around and start packing. At least I will have all this to keep me busy and not drive my much more patient husband nuts!

As God reveals His will for us, I will let you know the specifics but for now all of you will need to practice a virtue I struggle with so much....Patience!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Curiosity soaring!!!

Well, I'll be praying for you. I understand being in the unknown and just wanting to know.

God has a plan, He always does!!!

angela said...

i will continue in my prayers, friend! don't loose hope! He's with you!

Angela said...

Yeah...patience isn't one of my virtues either. Totally understand the wanting those 6 weeks to be filled with going in a direction you know for sure. I'll be praying for ya!!! His plan is always one wild ride. Hang on!!!

Kristina said...

My cat is dead! LOL (the whole curiosity killed the cat thing)

I'm not good at patience either. I will be praying and practicing till you can share!

Kathy Eden said...

Praying for God's will to be revealed to you & your husband.

Shannon H. said...

If i can't be there to help you spackle, sand and paint I will be there in prayer.

Remember to lift with the legs.

Hugs