Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cute Kynsley story

When we were in Haiti a few weeks ago, Kynsley, being a typical 7 year old, lost a tooth. She was very excited about her being in Haiti and losing another tooth!! That night when she went to bed she did what just about every American kid does...she put her tooth in a plastic bag and put it under her pillow in hopes that the tooth fairy would be paying a visit that night. Well, the tooth fairy must have had a lot on her mind that night because she did not visit Kynsley! Or maybe she didn't remember her passport or got lost cause there was no electricity, whatever the reason no surprise for Kynsley when she woke up just the same plastic bag with the old yucky tooth still in it!

When Kynsley woke up, she burst into tears and was very upset. I of course, was just furious with that fairy, I mean what was she thinking forgetting my baby like that!! Michelle and You-you saved the day by pointing out to Kynsley that she shared her pillow with Mia that night so maybe the tooth fairy got a little confused and that the tooth fairy doesn't come to Haiti often because most of the children throw their teeth into the street instead of saving it for her! They suggested to her that she try again that night!

Thank goodness that the tooth fairy had helpers because she arrived that night and fixed Kynsley up with $1US and $10H.

Now, move ahead 2 weeks. We are back home and low and behold my 7 year old lost another tooth, surprising isn't it!!

Anyway, Kynsely goes through the same routine, plastic bag, under the pillow etc. and once again the over worked, under paid, stressed out tooth fairy forgot!! Kynsley was much calmer this time and simply said, "that's OK, Mom, the tooth fairy probably just thought I was still in Haiti. Can you call You-you and have her check under my pillow there and see if she left my surprise."

After composing myself from the fit of laughter I reminded her that the tooth fairy does not leave surprises without the tooth. So, I suggested she try again that night and once again the tooth fairy got her act together and took care of business! You know, it amazes me that the tooth fairy is so forgetful, I mean after all, there are only 9 kids in the Gray family to keep track of!!

8 comments:

Gail said...

A little side note on the teeth issue. There are 20 baby teeth in all. That means not including Andrew, Jimmy, Carsen and Shane who have lost all their baby teeth already and taking in consideration that Dylan and Kynsley have each lost about half of theirs, we still have approx. 80 more visits from the tooth fairy!! WOW! She better get on the ball!

Michelle said...

Yes she better!! I don't know what the problem is with the tooth fairy. My goodness you would think she has had enough practice over the years to get it right. So much for practice makes perfect! :)

Angela said...

Thanks for the laugh!!! :)

Kristina said...

Still laughing!

Carsen said...

Man the things I miss. And I live here!

I love that girl.

Kathy Eden said...

That's hilarious!!! Although I wouldn't be laughing if I had 9 kids to keep track of :o)

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

My children are the first to tell someone how sometimes it takes the toothfairy SEVERAL nights to actually get her act together. She really is just not a night person!:)
(Mia was mad as a wet hen last time. The older two told her that she just better get used to it! She will come at some point....)

angela said...

she really wanted me to check it!!?? how cute is that?! yeah, haiti is hard to find, we had issues here ourselves. of course it doesn't help when belle tells mia to throw it on the roof of the school for the rats!!

what?!
but mia did it, so i'm sorry to say the tooth fairy didn't make an apperance!