So... I'm home from Haiti. It was a good trip, a little stressful and I didn't get as much done as I wanted to but I still got to see my boys and Carsen and the rest of the girls so it was very much worth it.
On Thursday night we took to the kids to dinner and then went for a walk along the Sacramento River. Here in Redding we have some beautiful river trails and we never use them!! The kids loved it! Here are a few pictures of
our evening. 




our evening. 




Afterwards, we went to ice cream (don't worry, Frank, I didn't eat any!!!). I think Sutton enjoyed hers the most!!!
Although, I know without a doubt that God is calling us to move to Haiti, I will miss the freedom of a walk along the river at dusk, sitting at an ice cream parlor enjoying the night air and just being free to go anywhere we want to.
8 comments:
beautiful pictures!:)
Glad you had a good time. Really Glad you have clearly heard God's calling and are going to Obey. Glad you had a great time with your family while in Haiti. The cute little pic of the girl with ice cream on her mouth is soooo cute!
Oh Sutton! An outfit is never complete without food on your face! :)
but you may get the chance to walk in the midday heat up to the caribbaen market through the vendors and the cat calls. that's not enticing? :)
They are getting so big! I can't wait to have a family reunion!
I agree with You You, Gail. Aren't you excited to move to a place where you can walk by animal guts in a wheelbarrow on a daily basis and sleep to the sounds of deranged roosters crowing? I know I can't wait to get back there as strange as it sounds. God really must have a sense of humor! He probably thinks its funny to send someone as prissy and heat intolerant as me to a third world country. haha!
What fun pictures!! I think you guys are going to have fun no matter where you are because you will have each other. It's so exciting to watch what God is doing in your life.
Ditto to what Tanya & Angela said minus the prissy part. I've never been accused of being prissy :o)
Post a Comment