I was a Daddy's girl early on! Then my dad and I went through some real rocky times when I was a teenager, I was such a California girl/rebel and he had been raised in a very strict mid-western family that we often clashed! But, as I got older we got pretty close again. I knew without a doubt (although he rarely told me) that he loved me. After Carsen was born I saw a side of my dad that I never thought I'd see. He loved his first grandchild so much! He loved being "Papa" to her, my nephew who is 6 weeks younger then Carsen and to Shane.


The hurt I feel when I miss my father is so much easier to bear knowing that I will see him again! My dad became a Christian when he was young but turned his back on his faith for many years. On Christmas eve 1996 (just a few weeks before he died) my father stood next to me in church and recommited his life to Christ. He never said anything to anyone about it, but I knew! I witnessed the Spirit come over my father and watched as he cried tears of joy! I sight I had never seen before and will remember for the rest of my life!
Dad, I love you and miss you more then you can imagine. I know you are in Heaven preparing a place for all of us. I'm sorry that during your time here on earth you did not get the chance to meet all your grandkids, but I'm certain you will someday!! And you are going to love everyone of them! I love you, Daddy!!
4 comments:
Jeeze, thanks for making me cry! I am also glad I will see him again. Love you
Praying for you! I can't imagine what that is like, but Praise God you will be reunited!!
Crying...again! Thank you for sharing your very personal story. Although my dad hasn't spoken to me for 19 years I pray that he will come to know the Lord before he dies & I will see him in Heaven.
Praying that our Heavenly Father will wrap His loving arms around both of us when we miss our earthly fathers.
Hey Gail- My dad passed away in 1994 a month after my 16th birthday. I miss him a lot too! God is good though and we will see them again! Kathy... Rob and I will be praying for you and your dad. Nothing is too hard for God. Love you both.
Post a Comment