Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jimmy

Jimmy Louis (Gray) was born on Nov. 16, 1982. I met Jimmy in December of 2004. I knew as soon as I met him, he was meant to be a part of our lives. Jimmy had just moved into Angel House when Father Micheal passed away. Jimmy had been living with Father Micheal since he was a small boy and considered Father Micheal to be is dad.

Over the next few months Jimmy became more and more a part of Jody and I's hearts and lives. I'm not sure exactly when we began to think of him as our son but it didn't take long! God had a plan when He brought Jimmy into our lives that's for sure. Although he is not a "Gray" legally he is as much our son in our hearts, and we believe in God's eyes, as our other children are.

Jimmy graduated from high school this past June and is waiting for his diploma to be issued (it takes 4-6 months in Haiti to get the legal diploma). Once he gets it he will start applying to colleges in the US so he can further his education. He currently works as the accountant for Three Angel's and is a very valued employee there.

We are truly blessed to have Jimmy as a son. He has a loving and caring heart. He looks after his siblings when they are in Haiti. Our life would not be the same if Jimmy was not a part of it.
(Thank you Todd Burnett for the amazing pictures of Jimmy!)

4 comments:

Kathy Eden said...

That is so neat how he became a part of your family. He is an amazing person!

Angela said...

what a good lookin' guy!!

Lara said...

God makes wonderful families, doesn't He? Jimmy is such a great guy!! We are so glad to have met him!

Kristina said...

Gail,
Jimmy makes us related in a way.

Todd and I both love Jimmy. He's funny, good looking, and a great friend.And it gives me peace of mind to know he is there at the O.

He earned a place in my heart the day we went to Wings and he helped me with Jonas. I was so tired and he just took him and loved on him and never once complained! i noticed that he had a bond with Jonas that I couldn't figure out. Then I found out they were cousins. Too cool!

Just an FYI...University of Evansville has a HUGE international student body. Has Jimmy looked here? He would have 9 families ready to love on him and watch out for him. Just an idea.

i love your story of how you became a family! A piece of paper doesn't do that, GOD does