I finally have internet. I had hoped my first post would be a happy, fact filled one about our life in Haiti. But, that is not the case.
Last Saturday we recieved horrible news that Jody's father died in his sleep. It was very unexpected. Doug Wooten was the only man besides my own father that I have ever called "dad". He was not Jody's "real" father but the pain is not lessened by that fact.
We met Doug through his son and daughter in law, who happened to be our best friends. I was drawn to the Wooten's by their love for Christ and open hearts. They accepted as one of their own and after Jody made a comment about being an "orphan" since both of his parents had passed away, the Wooten's told him he was no longer an "orphan" because they would be his parents!
Dad's presence always filled a room and when you needed him, he was always there! If you were brave enough to ask him about his opinion about something you better be prepared for the truth, no matter how painful it might be to hear! He loved my children like they were his own flesh and blood and every one of my children loved Papa so very much.
Today, Jody will play drums at a memorial service in Dad's honor. A service that will celebrate his life not mourn his passing. Although, the pain is still there. We know without a doubt that Dad is in heaven, probably golfing with Jesus rgiht now! No pain, no suffering, only rejoicing!! And that we will see him again!
Please pray for the entire Wooten family, Jody's "brother" Aaron, his wife Sarah and children Riley, Aricin and Kael, Jody's "sister" Andrea and her husband, Josh Sanderson and children Ethan and Emma, Jody's "sister" Amy and for Diana, Jody's Mom. Their loss is tremendous and their pain at times unbearable.
6 comments:
so sorry to hear about your FIL :( Prayer for the family.
blessings,
missy
Praying for you my friend!!!! Praying for strength while you are away from Jody in this time and for the Lord's comfort for your family. I am very sorry about your loss!
I'm so sorry!
I am so sorry about your loss Gail. I know you wish you could be with Jody during this difficult time. Praying for you & your family.
i have been praying. thanks for the full story.
Oh Gail, I am so sorry! It must be very difficult to be in Haiti and not by Jody's side.
At least now we know why he had to wait a bit longer before being deployed?
I lifted you up in prayer today!
Hang in there!
Post a Comment