Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Pray!!!!!!!

Please be in prayer for the country of Haiti. As some of you may have read in the news there are several protests happening right now. The protests began over the high cost of food here. Unfortunately, they have turned violent. I do not want anyone to panic. WE ARE SAFE!!! The violence is no where near where we live!!! The children at the orphanage are also safe.

The prices have risen drastically in the last few weeks. Rice, beans, cornmeal all have doubled in price. It is affecting items brought into the stores as well. A few weeks ago I was able to buy a carton of yogurt for around $0.50US, today I paid $2.00!! Gas went from $4.80US a gallon to $5.90.

People who could have fed their families a few weeks ago on their minimal salaries no longer can. Life in Haiti; already difficult beyond measure, has become even worse.


Please, pray for peace. Pray for the leaders to make wise decisions. Pray for the UN troops to think clearly. Pray for the Haitian people who are full of anger and do not see that violence is not the answer. Pray for us to remain calm. Pray that the violence ends without injury or death to anyone! Please pray!!!

9 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

Gail, I had just heard about this today! I am so glad to hear that you all are safe!!! How is Jody doing with all of this? I will be praying. I am supposed to travel in May to visit Danile, AKA Isaiah, and this all makes me a bit nervous. Please keep us posted, and know that you WILL be in our Prayers!!!! Stay Safe!

Anonymous said...

HEY GUYS GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR ALL SFAE AND WAS JUST WONDERING . . . WHATS YOUR NEW ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HI everyone I am very glad to hear you are safe. YES my prayers are with the whole family and the country for peace for all
Love Mom

angela said...

i've been listening to the news on haitixchange.com

thank you, gail for the updates. thank you so much for letting me know jean bernard was safely home from school!

curfew and everything!! wow. i'm praying.

Missy said...

i'll be praying!

love,
missy

Kathy Eden said...

Praying here!!!

Brandy and Troy said...

Praying...I have told my Pastor so our church can be praying also!!
I am so relieved that you are o.k. Praying for your family as well!! Love, Brandy

Arron Chapman said...

We ask hat God, the most high, relieve the pain, suffering, and turmoil of all the people regardless of race, color, language, sexual-preference, gender, religion, or financial status.

CG said...

Absolutely praying. We definitely appreciate your taking the time to let us know you're okay!