Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm back

It's 7 a.m. on Monday morning and I've been up since 6. The kids do not have school today, the house is dark so why an I awake??? I believe it is because my heart is still in Haiti!! It's 10 a.m. there so of course I'm awake!!! The "O" has been awake for hours, kids have been fed, bathed and dressed, laundry is going and dinner is already started. The Nanny's are probably singing and praying and You-you is most likely getting supplies ready for the day, solving problems and loving on the kids. My guess is it is already hot and the rain wont come until tonight. Oh how I miss Haiti!!!

We had an amazing trip. We serve an awesome God!! Many of the hurdles we have experienced in the last few months have been overcome, new family's were formed and we got to meet Sutton's baby brother!! It was a beautiful week...I've never come home feeling like I have accomplished so much.

Thank you to the entire team, what wonderful people you are!! I truly feel that I have found life long friends!! And as Michelle likes to remind me... family is not just blood!!

I'll post picture's tomorrow when the kids go back to school!!

6 comments:

Angela said...

I was so happy to hear how well the trip went. God is so good!!! Thanks again for all you do. You're awesome!

Michelle said...

I hear you! I miss it too!! I'm always happy to be home with my husband and US kids, but a piece of me stays in Haiti. I guess that is why we do what we do, huh! Love ya, sister!!

Kristina said...

I am glad you all got back safely! And we can't wait to see your pictures.
Thank you seems so trite to say for all you do, but Todd and I are VERY grateful!

angela said...

and i miss you. come home.

Lara said...

Gail - it was so nice to meet you and Jody. It is hard to back and good to be back at the same time. Please tell Jody that when my family picked me up, we went straight to TACO BELL! Ha ha :-))

Gail said...

Lara, so did we!!!!