Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Isn't He awesome!!

I woke up today at 3 a.m. I could not sleep. My mind was going in a thousand different directions yet would not slow down enough to focus on any one of them. I laid in bed for awhile thinking I would surely go back to sleep. That did not happen. As I laid there, I begin to have a dialogue with God. I kept asking Him, "What now, Lord? What is it that You want me to do?" And I heard over and over again, "Do you trust Me?" in response. I felt like Peter when Jesus asked 3 times if he loved Him. My first response was, "Of course, I do!" But, as the morning sun began to rise, I realized I often only trust Him when it was "Comfortable" to trust. I like to sit in my comfort zone and not be pushed outside of it. I often "hide" behind my struggles, busyness and full life in an attempt to not be pulled in a direction I don't want to go. As I laid there I also realized that God gives me everything I need in order to do the work He calls me to do. This is something I have said on many occasions but it wasn't until this morning that I truly understood it!! If I am called by God and not my own desires He will provide!! It is as simple as that. It's not nearly as complicated as I've made it out to be. I do not have to be anything but God's vessel!! What an blessing it is to know that I know that I know, I am His child.



As I finished praying I asked God to show me something tangible today to help with my doubt. I am a very sight focused person, I have to see things to really understand them. So, God is used to this request from me. And being the amazing Father that He is, He often "indulges" me and allows me to see a little of Him. Today being no different. As I drove my children to school, a thunder storm blew in over the mountains to the east of us. The sun was shining through the clouds and the heat from the earth rose up to meet the rays of sunshine in the most beautiful sight I have seen in quite some time. It was breathtaking to see God's majesty right before my eyes!



I tried to capture it for you to see but unfortunately all I had was my phone, so the picture does not do God's masterpiece justice. What is missing is the way it appears that the mist and rays of sun are dancing with one another. And the way the rays shine through; similar to rays of sun shining through blinds, like God opened a window from Heaven to look down on His creation!

And as I listened to Caedmon's Call and joined with them in worshiping God as I drove down highway 273, I knew without a doubt that once again my Father had blessed me with an amazing gift, a sign that He is real and He does listen to me!!

Psalm 8:1- "O Lord, our Lord, How majestic is Your name in all the Earth, Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!"

6 comments:

angela said...

phone or no phone, that's majestic!

Michelle said...

God is awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

Kathy Eden said...

I agree that is awesome...the picture & the insight you gleaned from it. I appreciate you sharing it with us. It was very timely for me. Thanks so much!

Kristina said...

I'll amen that!
thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

That's just cool! Thanks for sharing.

Gail said...

God is so good to me!! And it's only right that I share Him with everyone I know.