It’s hard to believe we have only been here for 6 days. Things are a little crazy but it feels so good to be “home”.
The house we are renting does not have a stove or a refrigerator so we are living out of a cooler and were cooking outside with charcoal until Saturday when I bought a two-burner electric stove. A stove and frig were going to be our first purchase but not any more. We found out this week that the owner of the house has a buyer for it and since we do not have a contract (our request, we wanted to do monthly until we knew for sure that Jody would be stationed in PAP) we have to move. I will start looking for a place tomorrow. I’ve already heard of a few places that are available so hopefully we will find something soon.
Jody made it safely to Virginia Friday night. He sounded good on the phone and seemed to be excited about getting this phase of his life started. He was able to work out his leave for most of the year. There is still a 3 month period that isn’t covered (long story) but we are confident that God will provide a way. He always does!! He was told however that his deployment date has been moved to Mar. 31, 2008. He will go back to California after training is complete and work until his deployment date. He is planning on coming here at the end of Feb. to visit.
The kids seem to be adjusting to the move. Isaiah seemed the happiest as soon as we landed; he got in the warm weather and was giddy! It was really cute to see him respond to Jimmy. We could tell he knew who he was and missed him.
Sutton has been her usually self. It was quite an experience when we arrived at the orphanage though. The Nanny’s heard she was there and 3 very excited, screaming, jumping women met me half way up the stairs. They grabbed Sutton out of my arms and nearly knocked me down the stairs in the process. Poor Sutton had no idea what was happening to her, all these women yelling and crying, kissing her and taking her from me. She was a trooper though, and went with it. No tears, just this look on her face like “Mom, what are these crazy women doing to me?”
Landon had it a little easier. He was behind me and they didn’t see him until most of the commotion died down. He was smothered in kisses and hugs but seemed to love it. He is also adjusting to the move.
Dylan and Kynsley both loved meeting up with their friends at the “O”. Steven and Dylan were playing the piano together within a few minutes of our arrival. Kynsley immediately went to Belle and Mia and did not want to leave the “O”. She has asked repeatedly if they can come spend the night. I’ll have to talk to the board of directors and the adoptive families to see if it’s OK. It would be so fun for all of them to have a big slumber party at our house.
Shane is doing great. He has taken on the role of “safety guy”. He makes sure everything is locked up tight at night and always answers the gate. He has colored coded all the major keys (there are at least 30 different keys to this place, does Haiti not re-key locks???). He also has been getting the fire started for dinner every night. He has been such a huge help.
Having Carsen here has defiantly made it easier!! Her Creole is way better then she gives herself credit for. Without her I’m not sure I could have done it! She has been helping me unpack, translating, helping with the kids and doing college through on-line classes!! I know she is more then ready to start the next chapter of her life but I sure do appreciate her being here.
I’ve been able to hire a Nanny for the kids, a housekeeper and someone to do the laundry. I’ve never had a “Staff” before so this will be quite an experience.
Well… kids are having a meltdown and I really need to shower!! I’ll try to post more soon. We still don’t have internet so it may be awhile between posts.
Thanks for all your prayers. God is good…all the time!!!
10 comments:
wow!! that sounds crazy!! i can't imagine! let us know about the housing! we're all praying!
So good to hear from you! Thanks for the update! Praying you find a great house soon. (maybe with a pool??) It sounds like Shane has become the "man of the house." That's awesome!
Love ya
Karen
Thanks for the update. I'll keep praying!
Gail, even through your writing you sound so at happy and calm... It is obvious you are "home" and where you belong. Even with another pending move, I read/hear your happy words and can imagine you at peace with it all!!! We are so thrilled for you and your family!
We pray God continues to bless all of you through this transition.
Hugs!
Colleen
Gail, even through your writing you sound so at happy and calm... It is obvious you are "home" and where you belong. Even with another pending move, I read/hear your happy words and can imagine you at peace with it all!!! We are so thrilled for you and your family!
We pray God continues to bless all of you through this transition.
Hugs!
Colleen
Hey! Colleen is so right. You really seem so content. That's awesome. It has been great being able to witness how God has moved through this. And now your there.
It would be great to see you in Feb!!
I will be praying for your next move.
wow!! seems like a lot going on!! praying you find a house and that the transition continues to go smoothly (or at least fairly smooth!!)
I'm totally cool with the slumber party. That would be so much fun for Steven and Belle!!! :) Tell Dylan and Kynsley thanks for being such awesome friends to my kids.
Sounds like you guys are adjusting wonderfully. I'll be praying you find another place and for the move. It's so exciting to read what's going on. Have fun and enjoy your "staff"...how cool is that!!!
Thanks everyone.
good to hear from you! thank you for the update! praying for a smooth transition.
love,
missy
nic's mommy
Post a Comment