Tuesday, November 18, 2008

God’s Timing~

I hear those words all the time. It’s all in God’s time! I’ve even said them. Lately I’ve been asking myself, “Do I really believe things happen in His time.”? Do I truly trust God enough to see that my timing is not always His timing and that it is OK? As Christians we are called to believe that if we trust in Him He will provide for all our needs.

God knows how much I want to be with my family, God knows how much I need to be with them, He placed that longing in my heart when I became Jody’s wife and mother to my children. He also knew before time began that I would be sitting in Haiti waiting on Isaiah’s visa to be issued. He knew I would be impatient and not listen to reason. He knew I would go ahead and buy tickets before we had the visa. He knew!! And He will make things right. Is it going to happen the way I want it to? Probably not but if it does, it has nothing to do with me or what I have done, It has everything to do with what He has done.

It is still possible for all of us to travel together on Monday, only because with God all things are possible. But, if God in His infinite wisdom chooses to not have it happen that way, it will still be OK. We have a back-up plan, not that we need one, since God already has it planned out, but for our limited minds we see at as such. There are families willing to help. Families who will love Isaiah for us in our absence, families who are willing to travel with an almost two year old to bring Isaiah home for us. In the end it will all work out.

In… God’s timing!

Isaiah 40:28-31-
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint

2 comments:

Karen Combes said...

Praying for God's timing. I love that Bible verse!
Karen

Kathy Eden said...

Amen! Still praying!!!