Sunday, April 15, 2007

Our Second Weekend in Haiti






Yesterday we flew to Jacmel and spent the day on the beach. The kids had so much fun. We ate fish that they caught for us and lobster too!! It was amazing. We played soccer with a group of Jordanian UN Police Officer who were in Jacmel relaxing. Kynsley met a new friend, another Angela and played with her for hours.






Today we went to church. I was very blessed to have 4 of my 9 children with me!! Jimmy, Isaiah, Dylan and Kynsley all went.


Dylan took communion for the very first time. He accepted Jesus into his heart a few months ago and has not been to "big church" since. At our church they do not do communion in the children's service so he hasn't had the chance yet.

It was nice to see him take it so seriously. He talked to me after the service that it was good to remember how much Jesus did for us. My boy is certainly growing up.

Kynsley is having a rough day. She really misses her daddy and wants to go home. It's a good thing we have a group arriving tomorrow, they will help distract her until we leave next Monday.

Today, I'm sitting for 6-8 hours to get my hair done. I've never had extensions or anything like it so it should interesting to see if I like the finished product. Kynsley really wanted Mommy to have hair just like her so I'm giving it a try!!

Have a blessed Lord's day!!!

11 comments:

Kristina said...

Tell her a new friend is on her way! Jessica can not wait to meet your children!

I can't wait to see your hair. Jessica wants to get hers done too!
See you tomorrow.

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of your hair!!!
Wish I was there. Hugs!

Gail said...

Kristina, if Jessica has a sensitive scalp...she may want to rethink the braids! It is painful!! As I currently sit here cringing. We've been at it for over 4 hours and not even half way done.

Gail said...

gretchen~ wish you were here too!! Can't wait to "do" Haiti with you again, my friend.

Elisabeth said...

OH Gail i hope to see you hair on your blog soon!

Carsen said...

I'm going to have to come up with something unique for my hair. You girls are takin up all my options! haha. Hope it turns out great!

Carsen said...

PS Isaiah is lookin chunky...

angela said...

he does look chunky in that picture, carsen, but i swear he's not. NOTHING like daniel or sarah!

ps- gail's hair looks great, everyone! i'd post pictures but i think that's her job!

:)

see you tomorrow!

Angela said...

Can't wait to see your hair. That is awesome about Dylan and his first communion. How special that he got to do it in Haiti. I'll be praying for Kynsley as she misses her daddy. How cute! Have a great week and keep posting. I am living vicariously through you right now. :)

Tell Steven and Belle I love them!

Kathy Eden said...

Waiting patiently for Gail hair pictures :o) I'm sure it looks great!

Carsen said...

I too am waiting for hair pics. :)