Hey everyone, it's Jody posting this one. We got some bad news on Saturday.
My request to have my current leave of absence extended from my job at the Vacaville Police Department was denied. The main reason cited was staffing levels are so far down that they cannot afford to have me gone and continue to hold my position for me until I return in March of 2009. So, as of right now I will have to be back at work no later than September 28 or lose my job. This brings up a lot of issues.
Isaiah's adoption is not anywhere near completed so he cannot leave Haiti. There is an issue with Landon's passport as well. We were told it would be easier to resolve the problem in Haiti but we have come to find out it is not. Therefore, he is currently "stuck" here and not able to leave the Country either. We are working on resolving the issue BUT.... it's Haiti!
I'm not ready to leave Haiti yet. But......I'm also not ready to face the real possibility of being unemployed in March of 2009 when my contract with the UN runs out if I do decide to stay here and "retire" from Vacaville. If I come back now, I will have to rent a place in Vacaville for me and the three oldest kids (Shane, Dylan and Kynsley) because we will not be able to afford to send them to private school in Haiti on my salary in Vacaville.
Gail will have to rent a small apartment here and keep the three little ones (Landon, Sutton and Isaiah) with her. I do not relish the thought of her being in a volatile, third world country without me. We did it for 2 months before I got deployed but things are more unstable now and this would be for a longer period of time....maybe as long as 6 months.
So......lots of things to pray for. So please do. And, if anyone has any ideas......don't keep them to yourself. Our heads are spinning with the possibilities......including a resume and contact I made regarding a possible job in....England. We will keep you posted.
6 comments:
I ask that God, the all mighty, make these hard decisions easier for you, and I would like to remind all of you that God knows what is best, better then any of us do, and that no matter how much you stress over it, whatever God wills IS GOING to happen, so don't stress to much, your health is just as important.
Wow. Lots to think about. I will pray for your family.
Praying!!!
I'm praying! Oh please lord please do not separate them. don't separate my family more. god make it very clear to dad and mom what it is that you want. do not let any disagreements come between them. speak very strongly to their hearts about what is to be done. let them come together in your name and not be divided by satan. give them strength when they feel weak and reassurance when they are doubtful. we love and trust you lord. amen
Amen to Carsen's prayer!
Praying for you all!
praying my friends, praying!!
Post a Comment